Meet our Providers
Holly Shen, MD, FACOG, Medical Director of Corporate OB High Reliability – Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
A board certified physician, Dr. Shen earned her medical degree from the University of Sint Eustatius School of Medicine in Goldenrock, Netherlands-Antilles, Dutch West Indies and was awarded the University’s “Clinical Excellence Award.” She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia and was a two-time recipient of the school’s John D. Thompson “Excellence in Resident Research Award.” Acknowledged for consistent excellence, Dr. Shen also received the “Golden Apple Teaching Award” for four consecutive years.
Dr. Shen enjoyed growing up in a small community near Virginia Beach where everyone knew her name. After living in the Caribbean for several years, she grew to love the sandy beaches and tropical climate. When she moved to Bradenton, she found all of that plus a progressive, involved community where she feels she can make a difference in women’s healthcare as well as the local communities.
Dr. Shen states that the rewarding part of OB/GYN is being able to build a strong physician/patient relationship especially during a patient’s pregnancy then continue that relationship for quality on-going gynecological care. She favors in-office procedures for patient convenience and comfort when indicated and her hospital surgical skills include minimally invasive laparoscopic procedures.
Dr. Shen not only brings her medical expertise to the practice, but contributes to its persona with a warm, sincere personality and a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of her patients.
- State of Florida Medical License
- DEA License
- ACLS and BLS Certified
- Certified in Essure
- Certified in Nexplanon
- 2010 & 2012 Emory University School of Medicine, John D. Thompson 44th Annual Resident
Research Day: Excellence in Resident Research Award
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Golden Apple Teaching Award
- 2008 University of Sint Eustatius School of Medicine, University Clinical Excellence Award
- 2000 Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
- American College of Obstetrics & Gynecology (ABOG)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Florida Medical Association (FMA)
- Manatee County Medical Society (MCMS)
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center
- OB Physician Champion for Electronic Medical Records Committee
- Florida Woman Care: Quality Assurance Committee
- We Care Manatee.